UPSC Mains 2023: Detailed Application Form-II (DAF-II) Released for Successful Candidates

UPSC Mains 2023: Detailed Application Form-II (DAF-II) Released for Successful Candidates


New Delhi: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has unveiled the Detailed Application Form-II (DAF-II) for qualifiers of the Civil Services Mains 2023 on Monday. Aspiring candidates who have successfully cleared the main examination must complete the DAF to partake in the personality test. The DAF-II can be accessed on the official website – The announcement of the UPSC CSE Main result was made last week.

The timetable for the personality test (interview) will be disclosed at a later date. The interview is scheduled to be conducted at the Union Public Service Commission’s office situated at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.

Engineering Dominance in UPSC Mains: 63% Qualifiers from 2017 to 2021

UPSC CSE DAF II 2023: Steps to apply

  • Go to the official website –
  • Select the Detailed Application Form-II (DAF II) link
  • Register on the portal
  • Complete the DAF II form properly
  • Submit the form and take a printout

The scorecards of candidates will be released on the Commission’s website within 15 days following the announcement of the final results (after conducting Personality Tests/Interviews) and will be accessible on the website for 30 days.

The Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2023, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), took place from September 15, 2023, to September 24, 2023.

Government data presented in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday showcased that out of the 4,371 candidates recommended in the Civil Services (Main) examination from 2017 to 2021, a substantial 63% (2,783 candidates) hailed from an engineering background.

Further analysis of the data revealed that 23% of the successful candidates in the UPSC Mains belonged to the humanities stream, while 315 candidates had a science background, and 240 candidates were from the medical science stream. The majority of the recommended candidates (75%) were male, with the remaining 25% being female.

Among the diverse languages used by the candidates, the top five were Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, and Kannada. In terms of educational qualifications, 3,337 candidates held Bachelor’s degrees, while 1,034 possessed higher qualifications.